Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Decorating For Winter & Valentine's Day

When it comes time to take down all of the lovely Christmas decorations, I just hate to see them go. They make our home feel so warm and cozy on those dark and dreary winter days. So to combat that I decided to leave out all of the snowmen decorations and add the few Valentine's Day decorations to them to decorate our home for winter. I also leave our snowmen china and glasses out. The winter decorations make the house seem a little cozier and less naked. 

For the Valentine's decorations, I don't like garish or tacky ones. I like to use bears and a few heart decorations. The classier looking the better. I will leave all these up until the end of February, then I will get busy putting out the Easter decorations.
On top of our entertainment system, I put most of the snowmen I have and add angels to be my snow angels.

Heart picture frames and a Valentine's teddy bear.

More bears.

Just a few more.

A heart and two cute snowmen adorn the window sill in the kitchen.

On top of our china cabinet.

A few heart shaped boxes and snowmen salt and pepper shakers.

More heart boxes.

Love is in the air!

Corner shelf in the kitchen.





I wanted to do something to dress up our picture window, especially since this where our lovely tree stood. I decided to hang some snowflakes in the window. I made them out of tissue paper and attached them to ribbon which I attached to the window frame. I like how it turned out and it looks good from outside, too.

The cheerful snowmen, the smiling snow angels, the tissue paper snowflakes, and the bright colored Valentine's decorations make up for the missing Christmas decorations. They make the house seem cozy again. I love decorating our home for the different seasons. It is one of those simple ways to make a house feel like a home! 

Living a simple life and wouldn't have it any other way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment