Thursday, March 10, 2016

A Week Of Cookies: M & M Chocolate Chip Cookies

Out of all my cookie recipes, this one is probably the most requested and favorite of family and friends. They are good dunked in milk and hot chocolate, which is almost a prerequisite for any cookie I make (except for Snickerdoodles.) One of the good things about this recipe is that with the different colors of M & Ms they make for holidays, you can tailor these cookies to celebrate a certain holiday.

All the ingredients you will need ( except for the eggs and semi-sweet chocolate chips which I forgot to put in the picture.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


M &M Chocolate Chip Coookies
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of soft shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups of flour (I use 1 1/4 cup of white and 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat.)
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cup of MM and semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream together the sugars and shortening. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy.





In another bowl; combine the flour, salt, and soda. Whisk to mix together and to get rid of any small lumps in the flour. 



Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Beat until combined and a soft, wet dough is formed. 



In a measuring glass combine the M & M's and semi-sweet chocolate chips until you have about 1 1/2 cups of both. (I usually just eyeball it and throw in what I think will be enough.) Add them to the cookie mixture and beat until well combined. 




Roll the dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. The cookies are half way to being done when they puff up in the middle. This is when I rotate the cookie sheet to insure even baking. Remove from oven, cool for about a minute on the cookie sheet, then remove to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. 



For some reason, I didn't get a picture of the finished product. You will have to trust me when I say these are pretty cookies as well as yummy cookies. 

Cookies are just one of those simply perfect snacks and desserts! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You know theses are my all time favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you the whole time I was typing this post and how much you like them. I am glad you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete