Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Guest Bath Makeover

I have been wanting to update our guest bath for some time now. The white, greens, and peachy colors that I was using wasn't as appealing as it once was. I wanted to add more color to it, but I wasn't sure what colors to go with. I definitely wanted to update the shower curtain which was a  hold over from our old home.

The search for the new shower curtain began almost a year ago. I looked. DH and I looked. My MIL was even on the lookout for something that would work. We couldn't find anything that suited us. As a result, the bathroom stayed the same. 

When Christmas rolled around and my parents gave us a small shelving cabinet made out of cedar, I knew exactly where I wanted it to go. I had been looking for some sort of small table or shelving to go underneath a mirror we had on the wall. The cedar shelving was perfect. That cedar shelving inspired me and the makeover of the guest bath started in earnest. 

I had already bought a small make-up mirror in an oiled bronze finish from Walmart that went well with black finished mirror that was hanging above the cedar shelving. I had a candle that was in a blue and black jar I knew I wanted to use it on the shelving in some way. I bought a small bird cage in a black finish a few months ago that I wanted to use. So, I used those items as a starting point for decorating the shelving and went from there.  

I found some candles at Dollar General that were in tins decorated with green and blue flowers. The blues in the tin lead me to buy more blue candles from Walmart. All the greens I had in the bathroom already were blending in well with all the blues and greens I added in candles. 

Next I started looking for decorative storage items to put things like Band Aids, Q-Tips, dental floss, soap, etc. in. I cleaned out old candles from there little jars and used them to store dental floss in. I made some homemade apothecary jars to store extra combs and bars of soap in. I bought two plastic covered jars from Walmart to store Q-Tips and Band Aids in.  I bought two sea grass baskets to put toilet paper rolls on and to store shampoo, conditioner, etc. 

The blues and the greens were blending in so well together, I started looking for shower curtains again. I finally found one in blues and greens that had a design that fit in with some of the other items I had bought. With the shower curtain up, I only needed one more item to complete the makeover, a new trash can. I choose a black trash can to tie everything into together. I am really pleased with the way it all turned out. 

The Before:

 
The After:




The Before:


The After:

 
The Before:


The After: 





The Before:


The After:


The Trash Can: 


The makeover was a hit with DH and DD, too. I think it looks cozier and brighter that it did before. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! 

Living a simply life and loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment