Monday, August 8, 2016

August, The Month Of Deep Cleaning

In our neck of the woods it is usually so hot in August that it is impossible to be outside for any length of time. So, we try to stay inside as much as possible. It is for this very reason that I decided to do my annual spring cleaning during the dog days of summer. 

When I first started keeping house, I would start my spring cleaning during the week of Easter. However, the warm sunshine and blue skies would be calling for me to come outside to enjoy their company, but I usually had such a big mess I had to finish up before I could. It finally hit me one year that I was wasting all that beautiful spring time weather inside when I could be out. Why not do my spring cleaning during the summer when it is really hot. So I changed my spring cleaning from March/April to August and haven't looked back since. 

As I begin my deep cleaning month, I try to make things as easy as possible for me. I don't worry about cleaning every room during the week. I do though try to maintain order, keep up with those every day jobs, and keep on top of the laundry. I also try to plan as many simple meals as I possible can. 

So in accordance with my summer deep cleaning, I am going to share all the deep cleaning chores I do for each room over the next few weeks. The list of chores may seem nit picky, but you would be amazed at how dusty your walls & blinds can actually be. Even those knick knacks needed a good cleaning every once in a while. I also do all these chores to cut down on the amount of dust mites in our home, which we are all allergic to. And, yes, all this deep cleaning makes my allergies go crazy, but in the end it is worth the effort and time. 

Simply looking forward to getting down to deep cleaning business! Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment