Thursday, November 3, 2016

Simply Green: Old, Empty Bottles

I don't drink but I sure do love the bottles liquor comes in. Liquor bottles have very interesting designs and shapes. I especially like the Crown Royal bottle and Patron Tequila bottles. I collect them as well as other old bottles. The oldest one I have found is a Pepsi bottle from 1929. We found it in the dirt where we were putting in our first home. The only problem is what to do with them all. 

Over the years, my bottle collection has grown. I have even added empty maple syrup bottles to it. Some the older soft drink bottles I have are being stored, but I still have plenty of others to do something with.  I have some uses for them, but I am still looking for some other ideas.

Here are some of the ways I have come up with to reuse them:  
  • Use them as flower vases. This is my favorite way to use them. I arrange a variety of bottles filled with flowers on a table top or in a tray. Using bottle of different heights, you can create a unique flower arrangement. 
  • Use them as candle holders. Stick candles in them and allow the wax to melt and run down the sides to create an add effect. The glass of the bottles will help reflect the light which is an added plus. 
As you can see, I haven't thought of very many ways. So I have done a little research and have found some very creative ideas. 
  • Use them as photo frames. Once the bottle is empty, you can insert photos; along with beads, pearls, shells, sand, rocks or any other trinkets you can squeeze in through the neck.
  • Use them as soap dispensers. You can even leave the labels on them if it will add to the decor of the room it will sit in. 
  • Make bottle lights out of them. Drill a hole in the back of a bottle and run a string of lights through it. This would work great for party lighting. 
  • Glass Bottle Candles. Cut the bottom off of the bottle and place it over a lit candle. 
I really like some of the ideas I have found and will have to try them out. If you have any creative ideas on how to reuse old glass bottles, leave me a comment. I would love to hear form you! 
 
Simply green is a good thing!
 
Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment